Download Reports & Documents
This page contains downloads for the following:
- The Commission's reports
- Work group options
- Public testimony from 2004 - 2005
- Meeting minutes from 2004 - 2011
- January 2012 Report1mb PDF
- Initial Report and Recommendations (2006)9.7mb PDF
- Executive Summary of the Initial Report (2006)0.2mb PDF
Work Group Options
- 1. Law Enforcement (Phase I, 2005) 160k PDF
- 2. Alcohol Importation (Phase I, 2005) 120k PDF
- 3. The Judiciary (Phase I, 2005) 100k PDF
- 4A. Domestic Violence and Child Abuse/Neglect:
Coordination and Integration of Services (Phase I, 2005) 90k PDF
- 4B. Domestic Violence and Child Abuse/Neglect:
Access to Justice (Phase I, 2005) 120k PDF
- 4C. Domestic Violence and Child Abuse/Neglect:
Development of Local Capacity/Community Empowerment (Phase I, 2005) 150k PDF
- 4D. Domestic Violence and Child Abuse/Neglect:
Development of Services/Treatment in Communities (Phase I, 2005) 160k PDF
- Phase II (December 2006) 1.9mb PDF
The Commision has received testimony from around the state.
- April 29, 2005 - Kake 0.5mb PDF Testimonies from Donna Aston, Wilbur Brown, Roselyn Fay, Jerry Funk, Frank Hughes, Mike Jackson, Henry Smith, Jada Smith, and Gary Williams.
- April 26, 2005 - Mentasta 0.8mb PDF Testimonies from Anita Adams, Evelyn Beeter, Lena Charley, Nora David, Agnes Denny, Rose Jerue, Katie John, Robert John, Donna Pennington, Shawn Sanford, Elaine Simeon, Lisa Wolf, and Lotha Wolf.
- April 6, 2005 - Bethel 7.4mb PDF Testimonies from AVCP, John and Ellen Aluskuk, Annie Andrew, Edward Andrews, John Angaiak, Simeon Askoak, Moses Ayagalria, David Charles, Chevak Native Village, Paul Clark, Rose Dominick, Hugh Dyment, Wilson Green, Winifred Green, Joan Hamilton, Brian Henry, Ana Hoffman, Sophie Jenkins, Eric Johnson, Vivian Johnson, Allen Joseph, Sharon Lindley, Norman MacAlpine, Billy McCann, Kathy Melbook, Wayne Ogle, Max Oleck, Julius Pleasant Sr., Annie Roach, Bing Santamour, John Sargent, Charlie Seidl, Geri Simon, Richard Slats, Fred Smith, Melanie Smith, Mark Edward Springer, Debbie Stonecipher, Paul Tony, Dave Trantham, Tony Umugak, Ray Watson, Thor Williams, and excerpts of articles from Anchorage Daily News, The Delta Discovery and Tundra Drums.
- March 16, 2005 - Fairbanks1.8mb PDF Testimonies from Marc Antrim, Bob Beach, Jonathan Henzie, Carl Jerue, Randy Mayo, William Miller, Mark Nelson, Edna Peter, Dewey Scwalenberg, Curtis Sommer, Luke Titus, Aaron Tritt and Mike Walleri.
- March 15, 2005 - Barrow 8.9mb PDF Testimonies from Jennie Ahkivgak, Fannie Akpik, Mary Brower, Paul Carr, Neil George, Michael Jeffery, Tony Kalis, Price Leavitt Sr., Deborah Lyn, Diana Martin, Jeff Maupin, Merrill Nashalook, Jane Patkotak, Hazel Faye Pebley, Rossman Peetook, Joe Pruitt, Priscilla Sage, and Kenneth Toovak, along with twelve supporting documents.
- February 24, 2005 - Kotzebue 2.1mb PDF Testimonies from Levi Cleveland, Louie Commack Jr., Virginia Commack, Steven Dakai, Ian Erlich, Willie Goodwin Jr., Darlene Hadley, Barbara Janitscheck, Susan Jones, Marlene Moto Karl, Arum Kone, Maniilaq Crisis Center, Maniilaq Association, Mavsigvik Treatment Camp, York Mendenhall, Robert Mulluk, Robert Mulluk Jr., Genevieve Norris, Walter Sampson, John Schaeffer, Ed Ward, and Carol Wesley.
- February 23, 2005 - Nome 4.4mb PDF Testimonies from Rita Anderson, Denise Beranga, John Bioff, Ben Esch, Daniel Harrelson, David Head, Dorothy Hughs, Lisa Jaeger, Robert Keith, Mylon Kingeekuk, Merlin Koonooka, Simon Pacooluk, DeNette Perry, Helen Mary Pootoogooluk, and Colleen Swan.
- January 26, 2005 - Anchorage 2.6mb PDF Testimonies from Adrianne Active, AFN Underage Drinking Coalition, Ella Anagick, Julie Bator, Larry Cohn, Sam Fortier, Reverend Greene, Nirven Moens, Tobias Shugach and Mike Williams
- January 6, 2005 - Juneau 0.5mb PDF Testimonies from Cindy Cashen, Bob Hamilton, Chris Howard, Alfred McKinley, Paul Nelson, Joe Soneman, Richard Warren, Frank White, and Mr. Williams.
- January 5, 2005 - Sitka 0.6mb PDF Testimonies from Chris Dunbar, Nelson Frank, Tom Gambell, Jerry Hoke, Jessie Johnnie, Dan Moreno, Paulette Moreno, Jenny Morina, Priscilla Peal, Charles and Debbie Walcome, and Tammy Young.
- December 10, 2004 - Anchorage 1.0mb PDF Testimonies from Edward Adams, Delice Calcote, Charlie Edwardson, Susie Horne, Deesa Erica Jacobson, Stan Jimmy, Jay Mahamaless, Mary Ann Mills, Jim Sykes, Tony Vaska and Martha Vlasoff
- November 10, 2004 - Fairbanks 0.6mb PDF Testimonies from Pat Carlson, Richard Carroll, Dan Douglas, Andy Durny, Joe Evans, Jim (Henry) Ivanoff, Roy Jones, Delbert Kadake, Ida Olemoun, Nathaniel Olemoun, Kevin Ritchie, Pete Schaeffer, and David Trantham.
- October 27, 2004 - Anchorage 3.4mb PDF Testimonies from Leonard Apangalook, Sr. (Native Village of Gambell), Evelyn Beeter (Mt. Sanford Tribal Consortium), Thomas Bolen (Maniilaq Association), Ronald Brower (Arctic Slope Native Associatio), Eleanor Dementi (Copper River Native Association), Melanie Edwards (Kewerak), Larry Evanoff (Chugachmiut), Andrew Jimmie (Village of Minto), Shannon Johnson-Nanlook (Traditional Council of Togiak), Price Leavitt (Native Village of Barrow), Valent Maxwell (Village of Old Harbor), Pat Norman (Village of Port Graham), Gregory Razo (Cook Inlet Tribal Council), Clay Rumph (Stevens Village IRA Council), Edward Thomas (Central Council of the Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes), and Christina Westlake (Kiana).